Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval for Wilby CE VA Primary
School to relocate to the Glenvale Park development
That the Executive:
i) Approved the relocation of Wilby CEVA Primary School to the Glenvale Park site
ii) Approved the continuation of the statutory process relating to the transfer of a school to another site in line with the Department for Education (DfE) guidance ‘Making a Significant Change to a Maintained School.
Reasons for Recommendations:
· To support children and young people and their families to access high quality sustainable education facilities that enable the achievement of the best outcomes.
· To progress the relocation of the school in accordance with legislative requirements and Department for Education (DfE) statutory guidance.
· To ensure the delivery of sufficient suitable school places that meet the needs of the community now and in the future.
· To make effective and efficient use of the education estate to meet the needs of all pupils.
Alternative Options Considered: Alternative options were considered in section 5 of the ‘Primary Education Provision at the Glenvale Park Development Wellingborough North’paper presented to Executive on 8th June 2023. The options were shared along with accompanying risks and advantages. A summary of the options thatwere outlined in the previous paper to Executive were:
· Option 1: Mothball the school build until demand for places increases
· Option 2: Repurpose the school building to meet an existing educational need
· Option 3: Relocate a local school into the newly built school at the Glenvale Park Development
The preference was to progress Option 3. This preference was approved by the Executive on 8th June 2023. Colleagues leading on the project then progressed to the initial stages of the relocation process.
Publication date: 16/11/2023
Date of decision: 16/11/2023
Decided at meeting: 16/11/2023 - Executive
Effective from: 24/11/2023